Friday, April 22, 2011

~Finally complete~

A year ago this is what part of my kitchen looked like.
There were no counter tops next to the stove.

Slowly Danny started to put up some new cupboards
including putting the microwave above the stove also
(that is a huge space saver).

It was not easy getting the pantry style cupboard out.
It was custom built and in once piece!
Our walls are textured so we had to texture the wall.
Danny also had to move the light switch because the new
kitchen plan called for the frig. to be moved over and it covered the switch.

Bottom cupboards went in!

Bottom ones got color!
We also got a new stove and frig.

The finished product!
I am so happy with how it all turned out.
Danny even cut the counter top himself!
So don't let him tell you he can't do home projects.

I love also that the new counter top is at a better height.
Previous owners must have been short!
The cabinets are custom built and are shorter
 than the standard size you get now.

I am rethinking that paper towel holder.
Looks kind of funny there!

Hopefully we will finish a few other things around the house
and then move to the other side of the kitchen where the sink
and dishwasher are.
I can't wait to see how it turns out!

2 comments: