Friday, September 2, 2011

~The Chickens are here~

Danny started building a Hen House in the garage!

He spent alot of time getting it just right.

Then he called for help moving it
(good thing we had some strong guys here for Mason's party).
It was too heavy for me to lift right now.

Once everything was in place Danny set out to find 4 Chickens!

2 red ones and 2 black ones!

This morning we took the daycare kids out to watch Jade feed the chickens.
They were all so excited.

A daycare girl asked me which one was my favorite.
I told her the first one to lay an egg will be my favorite!

I think Danny did a great job on his buidling.
Its hard to see but there is room between the garage and fence that he
fenced in for the chickens to use.

We had a door from a local store here we got for $28. Then I went to my Grandma's garage sale. She had this red window for just $1! We were able to take the glass out and add chicken wire to it.
I took back the $28 door.We also got 2 small pans at her sale for
$1 each we are using for the chicken's food.
We already had the shingles in the garage from a past shingle job on the garage and
Danny got some of the wood from a junk pile at work!
I love getting a good deal.
Danny said it probably cost him about $60 to build the Hen house and Coop!


I told Danny since he can build so well I would love a play house for the kids,
but we'll see.

1 comment: