Friday, September 30, 2011

~Food Fixing Friday~

I am linking up again to Kelly's Food Fixing Friday!
You can find her over at 4 kids, a Mini Van and a lot of LOVE!

 Balsamic Chicken:This recipe came from an on-line site crockpot girls.
An on-line friend of mine made it and gave it a great review so
 I knew I wanted to try it as well.


I used my tomatoe sauce that I made this summer and had in the freezer.
We served it over spaghetti noodles with a buttered bun and cooked carrots for the kids.
We also decided to top it with some shredded cheese.
It was very good. The kids liked it also.
I cooked mine on low from about 11am-5:30pm and the chicken was so nice and tender!
Recipe:
4-6 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
2 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
1 onion thinly sliced (Not chopped)
... 4 garlic cloves
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
2 T olive oil
1 tsp each: dried oregano, basil, and rosemary
1/2 tsp thyme
ground black pepper and salt to taste

Pour the olive oil on bottom of crock pot
place in chicken breasts, salt and pepper each breast
put sliced onion on top of chicken
then put in all the dried herbs and garlic cloves
pour in vinegar and top with tomatoes

1 comment:

  1. thanks i thanks ill try this next week areadyhave everythng on hand

    ReplyDelete