I sure wish I could say things went smoothly but really do they ever?
It started with a phone call at 6pm, Thursday night. It was the closing company telling us how much our check would be when we left closing. I tried not to panic but when it was $3,000 almost $4,000 less than expected its kind of hard not to panic! Of course she told us she was going by the purchase agreement and other information she had. If I had questions I needed to contact my realtor. We were less than 24 hours away from closing. To me $3,000 is alot of money that I wasn't just going to ignore. Of course my realtor did not answer. We waited and waited and waited. I tried calling the realtor several times and also the closing company. Nobody answered. Finally at 10:45pm our realtor called and tried to reassure me that they would figure out what happen and fix it. She also made it clear we would have to plan to be out on time because we were in a legal binding contract.
Friday morning our realtor called with a new number for us that we would recieve at closing. I felt alot better. Things started to look up for us! We were in a hurry to finish getting the last few things out of the house. Then Danny discovered the keys to the Uhaul were missing. Good lord have you ever had the last of your house in a Uhaul truck and not been able to move it? Its not fun. He back tracked his steps and found no key. I made some phone calls and was told that the Ford Dealership in town would need to rebuilt something and tare things out of the truck. It sounded like a huge mess. We were told it would also cost at least $300. And no the Uhaul company does not carry extra keys.
So we finally had to go to closing. We waited and waited as they were behind. I felt so sick. I was so worried about the final check not being what we first expected. I was worried about my things being parked in the Uhaul at the house which we were about to no longer own. I did not want to go back there. But I wanted my things.
We made it to the table to sign and guess what- Our realtor made a huge mistake and she paid for it. She covered about $2,800! So in the end she didn't make much from us. We were very releaved she did that for us. It was her mistake so she should have covered it and thankfully she did without much of a fight!
I had to call the realtor for the new house. We were running 30 minutes late. Thankfully they were understanding and waited for us. Things went quickly once we got to the closing table for the new place!
My parents met Danny at the new place Friday night and went back with him to the old place (30 minute drive apart). They called AAA and were able to get someone to come out and make a key for the Uhaul truck. Thank God for AAA! They had to sit and wait though about 1.5 hours. They watched the new owners yell at their moving company! Yeah, a moving company wouldn't that have been nice. I'd like to say we will do that next time but THERE WILL BE NO MORE MOVING FOR US!
Its been alot of work but we are very happy with our new home. The biggest difference is the old home had mostly hardwood floors and the new one has all carpet.
First meal at the new house!
Hotdogs and french fries.
Living room
Bathroom
Kitchen and Laundry room (laundry is in the closet)
Sun room/ future play room
Dining room
Lots more pictures to come!
How exciting for you guys! And, of course every big event has to have drama; just to add a little more stress to your life. Enjoy your new home!
ReplyDelete