Tuesday, August 28, 2012

~3 years old already~

Mason likes everything most boys like, airplanes, cars, trucks.
Well I asked him what kind of party he wanted for his birthday he said
"Worker Guy".
Hmm, what is that?
Well this is what I came up with-

His cake!
Which I have to say was so easy to make on my own.
Printed the Mason and the 3 sign off the computer.
Cleaned up a few of his fairly new toys.
Pie crust crumbs for the road.
Marshmellows for the big rock type looking things!

It was nice my mom was able to attend the part even after having knee surgery.
My sister who is on bedrest snuck along for the party too.
She was good and laid on the couch.

I love cooking for people but I am always worried I will run out of food.
It usually takes me a few weeks to decide what to make.
We have a few picky eatters in our family.

Of course Mason's balloons got too close to the fan!

Talk about HUGE surprise. I mean HUGE!
It was planned that we were going to skype the night of the party with
my brother, Ted and his new wife DeSiree since they live so far away.
I always feel bad they miss out on our parties.
We just saw them in July when they got married so the plan was
they would be home in December for Christmas.
Well, did we ever get a surprise!
They showed up Friday night at Mom's house!
So they kept it a secret and on Saturday
they all of a sudden came walking in my front door!
Just in time for the party!
It was so nice to see them.
They got to see our house for the first time as well.
You can see them in the picture here!

Mason loved his gifts.


He got kind of shy when it was singing time!

Mason really turned 3 today.
We started to sing but he started to get really upset.
He just doesn't like the birthday song. I remember he cried when he had
his first birthday too.

We are very excited that Mason will be starting preschool in about 2 weeks!
He will ride a small mini bus to school.
He isn't too sure about things when we talk about it but hopefully once
we see his room and meet the teacher he will understand better.
He qualifies for preschool because he has an IEP, Individual Education Plan.
He has a couple areas he is working on, one being his speech.
He will get speech help when at preschool.
He will go 2 mornings a week.
I am alittle nervous being he just turned 3 but I think it will be good for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment