Friday, September 14, 2012

~Banana Poke Cake~


The crazy thing is I keep telling myself that eating healthy is what I need to be doing right now. Well then I end up on Pinterest and see yummy looking things like Banana poke cake! Seriously what is a girl to do?

This was really easy to make.

Make a yellow cake mix as directed on the box.

Once its out of the oven take a wooden spoon or something similar and poke large holes in the top of the cake.

Make 2 small boxes or 1 large box of banana cream pudding. Let the pudding sit only about 2 minutes
and then poor onto the cake. Spread the pudding evenly over the cake with the back of a spoon or spatula.
You want the pudding to go down the holes!

Once the cake is cool (I had mine in the frig for awhile) top the pudding with cool whip.

Top of the cool whip place crushed up vanilla wafers (I did not have vanilla wafer so I used crushed up pie crust that comes in a box but Danny and I agrees the vanilla wafers would be used next time as they do have a bit more flavor).

I added a few slices of banana on each peice as I served it.

I would make this cake again. It was yummy. However I would wait until I had company so I wouldn't eat it all. It kept well in the frig in a cake pan with tin foil on top for a couple of days. It tasted better to us the second day but I think that is because it was colder.


No comments:

Post a Comment