Tuesday, October 16, 2012

~Christmas Toys~

 So have you thought about Christmas?
Have you allowed your child or children to look
at a toy cataloge?
I remember as a kid getting them in the mail.
I would go threw it and circle the things I thought I needed.
My kids rip the pages out and carry them around.
 
For the last few months when ever we enter a store with toys
we have make a deal with the little ones, Maddison and Mason.
We tell them to show us what toy to put on their "list".
 
No no no that does not mean they are getting everything they want.
You know how long their lists are?
Yeah, miles and miles long already.


 
 
Fisher Price Princess Palace-
Sweet Alayna is perfectly small enough that
she can't tell us yet what she wants.
So Mommy gets to pick!
I saw this Palace and think it will make a great gift for her.
We haven't decided yet if it will be for her birthday (Nov. 27) or for Christmas.
I love that the peices for this are big.
This can be out and it will be ok if Alayna tries putting them in her mouth.
I also like that I won't have to worry about it being too small to use as a daycare toy.
 
Also works out that she already has the Little Mermaid Carriage!
Now to come up with something else for her.
Who's idea was it for her birthday to be so close to Christmas!?!?
 
 
Minnie Mouse Bowtigue
Maddison tells me she wants Minnie Mouse.
I have mixed feelings on spending $40 on this for an almost 5 year old.
If she was a year younger I probably wouldn't hesitate.
The nice thing though about Minnie Mouse here is that little sister Alayna
could some day enjoy playing with this. It also comes in a nice suitcase so
that all pieces have a home.
As all the other toys she wants I forsee her only playing with this a short time
and then moving on.
 
Of course she wants a $200 Ipad too!
Sorry girl that won't be arriving for Christmas.

Boy toys!
I am not a fan of buying boy toys.
This is what Mr. Mason has requested.
This is what he shall get.
Mason loves cars and he really loves if they go fast!
I can't imagine though how many times I will have to put this together!
 
 
Now for the big girls. They think they want all these toys but they are at the ages
where they don't play with toys. Its not going to be easy to buy for them.
 
 
I did find this for Abbygail. Also a grey shirt to go with it. She loves skirts.
She also loves turtles. Its so hard to find turtles though.
She loves art as well so I am hoping to find her an art set with fancy colors and paints in it.
 
Jade well that's tough. She likes reading. But she got alot of books including a nook
last year. No idea what the plan is yet.


 
We are not good at setting money aside for Christmas.
Plus with me having most of the summer off things will be cut back this year.
But don't worry the kids have enough Grandparents who like to shop
they will not go unspoiled!
 
Plus its always easy to say you are cutting back and then you never really do.
 
We are doing layaway this year for a few things.
We went lastnight and picked out a couple things.
The best part about layaway is they keep the gifts until we go to get them.
We don't have to worry about the kids finding the items and trying to open them early.
Its also a good way to get what you want and not have to pay the full price right away
or use a credit card and pay interest.
 
 
What are your Christmas plans?!?!

1 comment:

  1. We don't spend a lot of money on our kids for Christmas and so far they have been very happy each year with what they get. But, like you said they have Grandparents who spoil them. Also Uncle and Aunts who never fail to pick out great gifts. This year most of what they are getting is fun educational stuff and little to no toys. Great thing about it is that I am almost done! I am so sick of toys they drive me crazy. We have 2 bedrooms full of toys that no one plays with. I guess having a lot of toys wouldn't bug me if they actually played with them but they don't. I just told Luke the other day that I am going to get rid of all of them except for a few things. He just laughed at me. I don't think he thought I was serious but I am. This spring I am having a HUGE garage sale and it is all going bye-bye. Well I'm done venting now! Good luck with your Christmas shopping! Jill

    ReplyDelete