Monday, May 23, 2011

~We've been busy~

This is part of our hallway upstairs.
It had some really outdated wallpaper on the walls.
Maybe from the 70's.
It was faded and brown looking.
We have never liked it.
After spending 3.5 hours trying to use a steamer and
wallpaper remover it would not come off.
It was terrible. So we went with our second option-
New wallpaper!!
 I know you are thinking "are they crazy".
This is special wallpaper for people like us who want to
update their home but not tare out all the walls and re-sheetrock.
Also great for those on a budget.
It is looking great.
Guess what? You can paint it!
We can pick any color we want
(We used this on a wall in our old home so we know it works).

Danny took out the very old icky shower upstairs.
I wish we could have done this 2 years ago.
We haven't used it in a long time because its so gross.


I layed a new foor in the bathroom after Danny took out the old one and put a new floor board down.
We had a leak awhile back and needed to have someone fix it.
It must have leaked a little longer than we thought.
The board deffinatly needed to be replaced.
Then Danny put in a new toilet!
Have you ever looked at new toilets?
Who knew there could be so many to pick from and such different prices.

Now we're at a standstill until we make some more money!!
This is the vanity we had in the bathroom minus the sink.
We did not see a vanity we liked at the home improvment store we usually shop at.
Plus the prices seemed rather high for my liking.
I told Danny maybe we should reuse this one. Not sure what to do.
We will for sure put on a new sink.

I can't wait until I can purchase a new shower. I think we have one picked out we like.
Then I will show more pictures!

Oh and thanks to my sister for putting the idea in my
head that we should do the upstairs bathroom.
It will be nice when it is all done.
Even if the big girls are the ones who mainly use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment