Wednesday, November 30, 2011

~Part Two~

Sunday morning, 11/27/11 I woke up at 2:30am. I had been getting up rather early the last few days and really didn't want to be up that early again. Its not always easy with 4 kids to get a nap in the morning. So I woke up and got out of bed to go use the bathroom. I kind od muttered to myself "I really hope I am not up for the day".

Well was I ever in for a surprise! Before I even made it to the end of the bed my water broke. I was pretty positive that was what happen. I yelled for Danny to get up and go call my mom. I knew it would take her an hour to drive here.

Within 10 minutes of my water breaking I was feeling some very strong contractions. I new it was baby day!

The hospital told me I had up to an hour to get there. However I felt I needed to get there as soon as possible. So Jade came downstairs in case Mason woke up. Then Danny took me to the hospital which is just 5 minutes away! He then came home and waited for my mom to get here.

So I arrived at the hospital around 3:10am. I was hooked up the monitors to check the heartbeat of the baby and to read my contraction. I was given a dreadful IV (I hate needles) and things started progressing much faster than I expected.

I told Danny I wanted the baby to be born by 1:30pm and he said maybe 10:00am. Well sure enough he was right!

At 10:01am Alayna Lee Agnes was born! Things went very smoothly! She weighed 8 pounds 1 ounce and was 20 inches long.




Going home outfit


The only thing that wasn't so great about my delivery was I could not move my left leg. It went numb from the epidural I had. My right leg was fine. I felt paralized on the left side. It was the worst feeling. I couldn't lift it or move it by myself. It took 2 nurses to help me up to walk later that afternoon around 3pm. It was still numb at 6pm but did start feeling alittle better.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! The same thing happened to me w/ the twins - I got up to pee at 2 am and my water broke! Not such a bad way to do it :-)

    ReplyDelete